Peter M. Fleischut, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- B.A., University of Delaware, 2000
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2006
Honors and Awards
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Associate Attending Anesthesiologist
Dr. Peter Fleischut is the Chief Innovation Officer for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (NYP) and an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology in the Department of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC). In addition, Dr. Fleischut serves as the Founding Director of the Center for Perioperative Outcomes (CPO), the Medical Director of the Main Operating Rooms at NYP, and on the executive leadership team of the Department of Anesthesiology.
Dr. Fleischut, a graduate of Jefferson Medical College and the Wharton Program for Working Professionals at the University of Pennsylvania, completed his residency training in Anesthesiology at NYP/WCMC. He distinguished himself by becoming one of the founding members of the Housestaff Quality Council©, an organization formed to improve patient care and safety at NYP by creating a culture that promotes greater housestaff participation, and served as Resident Quality and Patient Safety Officer for NYP. Upon graduation in 2010, he was named the Deputy Quality and Patient Safety Officer for NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell.
Dr. Fleischut has received several awards, including the David A. Leach Award for Innovation in Quality from the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education, the John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award from the National Quality Forum and The Joint Commission, and the Weill Cornell Medical College Healthcare Leadership Award. In 2013, he was named one of twelve Up and Comers by Modern Healthcare, recognizing healthcare leaders under the age of 40, and was also named Physician of the Year at NYP/Weill Cornell. In 2014, he was named one of the 25 healthcare leaders under 40 by Becker’s Hospital Review. In 2015, he received the InformationWeek Elite 100 Award.