Oksana Lekarev, D.O.
I was drawn to the field of pediatric endocrinology not only because I found the science fascinating, but because it is a field that offers great continuity of care where I can build lasting relationships with my patients through the crucial years of growth and development. Such a relationship with a child and with his or her family is invaluable and can a make a significant difference in the patient’s care.
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Disorder of Puberty
- Adrenal Disorder
- Short Stature
- Growth Disorder
- Sexual Development Disorders
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Thyroid Disorder
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- B.A., Barnard College - Columbia University, 1999
- D.O., School of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2004
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Oksana Lekarev is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Pediatrician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. She is board certified in Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics.
Dr. Lekarev received a BA in Linguistics from Barnard College of Columbia University in New York City, graduating cum laude and with departmental honors. She received her medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry - School of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her Internship in Pediatrics at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center and went on to complete her Residency in Pediatrics at Tufts-New England Medical Center. Dr. Lekarev then moved back to New York City where she completed a fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at Mount Sinai Medical Center. She remained at Mount Sinai for two more years as a faculty member in the Division of Adrenal Steroid Disorders, where she was actively involved in research, clinical practice and medical education.
Dr. Lekarev’s areas of interest include adrenal steroid disorders, particularly Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, disorders of growth, disorders of pubertal development, and thyroid disease. She has published a number of original and review articles in peer-reviewed journals and has presented her work at national and international meetings.