Natasha Wehrli, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Abdominal Imaging
- Genitourinary Radiology
- Hepatobiliary Pancreas Imaging
- Gastrointestinal Radiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Body Imaging
- Body MRI
- MRI of the Abdomen
- MRI of the Pelvis
- MRI Pelvis Female
- MRI Liver
- CT Scan of the Body
- CT Scan of the Abdomen
- CT Scan of the Pelvis
- PET Scan
- PET-CT Entire Body
- Positron Emission Tomography
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Gynecologic Ultrasound
- Testicular Ultrasound
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Cancer Screening
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Virtual Colonoscopy
- Kidney Transplantation
- Liver Transplantation
Natasha E. Wehrli, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Body Imaging. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Wehrli earned her B.A., in economics, from the University of Pennsylvania and was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa society on graduation in 2002. She remained at Penn and was awarded her M.D. degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in 2007 and was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society.
Dr. Wehrli did a transitional internship year at Mount Sinai Hospital in NYC before completing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2008-2012) at New York University/Langone Medical Center. This was followed a year of Fellowship training in Body Imaging also at NYU/Langone Medical Center where she was awarded the Fellow of the Year teaching award by the radiology residents. Dr. Wehrli joined the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology faculty member in July 2013.
Dr. Wehrli’s clinical expertise is in Body Imaging. She interprets CT, MRI, radiographs and ultrasound studies of the abdomen and pelvis as well as whole body PET/CT. She achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in July 2012
Dr. Wehrli’s research interests include the role of dietary factors in the development of common disease processes and the benefits of plantbased nutrition and restoring a healthy gut microbiome in treating those conditions.
Her imaging research interests include advanced MR imaging of the bowel, prostate, and liver, ultrasound elastography for early detection of renal parenchymal changes in renal transplant patients, and advancements in PET/MRI.
In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Wehrli is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Wehrli is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
- American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
- New York Roentgen Ray Society (NYRS).
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS).
- American Board of Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2007
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported