Natalia S. Ivascu, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Critical Care Medicine
- Vascular Surgery Anesthesia
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- Critical Care (Intensivists)
- Surgical Critical Care
- Anesthesia For Liver Transplant Recipient
- Cardiovascular Critical Care
- Anesthesia For Procedure on Heart, Pericardial Sac, and Great Vessels of Chest
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Transplant
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Perioperative Assessment
- Anesthesia For Bloodless Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- B.S., University of Michigan, 1997
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, 2001
Honors and Awards
Excellence in Teaching Award, for Anesthesia Clerkship 2011. Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Anesthesiologist
Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Professor of Medical Ethics in Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Natalia Ivascu is an Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology. She cares for patients as a Cardiac Anesthesiologist and Critical Care Intensivist in the Cardiothoracic Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Dr. Ivascu is the Director of the Cardiothoracic Surgical Intensive Care Unit (CTICU).
Dr. Ivascu completed her undergraduate studies in Cellular and Molecular Biology at the University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor. She went on to earn her medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. She began her career at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Medical College as a resident in Anesthesiology. Dr. Ivascu completed an additional year of fellowship training at Cornell, in Cardiovascular Anesthesiology. She then spent a year at the Columbia University campus of NYP as a fellow in Critical Care Medicine.
Dr. Ivascu is board certified in Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine. She is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Echocardiography, with certification in Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography. She is an expert in pulmonary hypertension and is the Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Anesthesiology team.
Dr. Ivascu is also the Director of Liver Transplant Anesthesiology, Pre-Anesthesia testing and the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit.