Specialties and Expertise
- Preventive Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Womens Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery and Valvular Disease
I am honored to have the privilege to provide quality cardiovascular care to a diverse group of patients. My goal is to treat each patient as a unique individual so that up-to-date treatment options and advice are tailored to each patient’s needs. In treating my patients’ cardiac health, I aim to improve their quality of life, as well.
Dr. Nivee Amin, M.D., M.H.S. is Associate Director for Consultative Cardiology and Director of Women's Heart Program & Preventive Cardiology at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. She practices general cardiology, preventive cardiology, and echocardiography. She has clinical interests in the prevention of cardiovascular disease in high risk individuals, women’s cardiovascular health, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, and chronic stable angina. Dr. Amin also provides inpatient care on the cardiac telemetry unit and the consultative cardiology service.
Dr. Amin was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland and earned her undergraduate degrees in International Studies and Business from the University of Pennsylvania. She then attended medical school at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine where she earned her Doctor of Medicine Degree. She completed her Internal Medicine internship and residency training at New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. She then returned to Baltimore to complete her fellowship training and board certification in Cardiovascular Diseases at Johns Hopkins Hospital and earned a Masters of Health Sciences in Clinical Investigation at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
Dr. Amin is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Nuclear Cardiology and Echocardiography. She is a member of the American College of Cardiology, American Society for Preventive Cardiology, and the American Heart Association.
She also speaks Spanish.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.H.S., The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2007
- B.A., B.S., University of Pennsylvania, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY