Nikhil Premparkash Uppal, M.B.B.S.
I have been practicing hematology and medical oncology for almost two decades. It is a privileged journey that requires a partnership with patients, family members, nurses, and staff in order to be successful. I help patients navigate the best treatment plan to reach their goals, while always ensuring access to the best experts, diagnostics, and treatments available.
Dr. Nikhil Uppal is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College in the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology. He is the Site Director for Hematology/Oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital. He has experience with clinical and translational research studies and a special interest in pancreatic malignancies and lymphomas. Dr. Uppal sees patients at both the Weill Cornell Upper East Side and Lower Manhattan Campuses, and is accepting new patients.
Dr. Uppal completed his Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Rochester and his Hematology/Oncology fellowship at Strong Memorial University Hospital. Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Uppal worked for New York University Langone Arena Oncology. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., B.J. Medical College (India), 1999
- M.B.,B.S., University of Pune Medical College (India), 1995
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported