Nicole C. Panarelli, M.D.
Dr. Panarelli is a board certified anatomic pathologist with subspecialty expertise in gastrointestinal pathology. Dr. Panarelli received her medical degree from New York Medical College and completed her residency training in anatomic pathology at Weill Cornell Medical College NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She went on to complete a fellowship in gastrointestinal pathology at Weill Cornell Medical College and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Panarelli’s research interests focus on the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of gastrointestinal and pancreatic cancers.
Dr. Panarelli has authored several peer reviewed articles as well as numerous books, book chapters, and reviews related to gastrointestinal pathology and serves as an ad hoc reviewer for many prominent journals in this field.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
Panarelli NC, Schreiner AM, Brandt SM, Shepherd NA, Yantiss RK: Histologic features and cytologic techniques that aid pathologic stage assessment of colonic adenocarcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol 37:1252-1258, 2013.
Panarelli NC and Yantiss RK. MicroRNA Expression in Selected Carcinomas of the Gastrointestinal Tract. Pathology Research International. 2011; 124608.
Panarelli NC and Yantiss RK. Mucinous Neoplasms of the Appendix and Peritoneum. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. 2011; 135(10): 1261-8.
Yantiss RK and Panarelli NC. Frozen Section Library: Liver, Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tree. New York: Springer Science and Business Media: 2011.
- Anatomic Pathology
- B.A., Georgetown University, 2003
- M.D., New York Medical College, 2007