Being a pediatrician provides a unique opportunity to provide health care to an entire family, not just the pediatric patient. I enjoy working with parents and children to better understand how their individual family choices, coupled with environmental factors can influence long-term health, and to provide guidance that can optimize that child’s health as they become independent adults. I enjoy the partnership and relationship that is developed in primary care and highlight this concept while teaching medical students and pediatric residents during their training.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Dr. Melanie Wilson-Taylor is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP Komansky Children's Hospital. She is an Associate Director of Pediatric Graduate Medical Education.
After earning an undergraduate degree in Economics at Yale University, Dr. Wilson-Taylor achieved her medical degree (M.D.) from Weill Cornell Medical College, where she was awarded a National Medical Fellowship and served as a Community Service Fellow. She completed her pediatric residency at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she also served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Wilson-Taylor joined the Weill Cornell Medicine faculty in General Academic Pediatrics as a hospitalist in newborn medicine and a clinician in the Pediatric Ambulatory Care Network. Her work focused on medical student training in pediatrics, pediatric residency education in the nursery and the outpatient setting. During this time, she completed the Teaching for Tomorrow program in residency education and a Weill Cornell Healthcare Leadership Fellowship. Her areas of interest over the years include quality and patient safety, patient education and communication, cultural competency, and community outreach.
In 2015, Dr. Wilson-Taylor transitioned to private practice in Brooklyn, where she honed her skills in primary care pediatrics. She returned to Weill Cornell Medicine's General Academic Pediatrics Division after five years of outpatient work with increased focus on pediatric residency education in primary care and program development, community outreach and diversity, equity, and inclusion within the academic institution.
Dr. Wilson-Taylor is board-eligible in Pediatrics and a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2015 Weill Cornell Department of Pediatrics Award for Teaching Excellence – Pediatric Housestaff, NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- 2015 Elizabeth Rohatyn Awards for Community Service – Lenox Hill Neighborhood House
- 2014 Department of Nursing’s Physician of the Year Award – NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical