Specialties and Expertise
- Autonomic Dysfunction
- Disorder of Electrolytes
- Hypertension, Renal
- Secondary and Endocrine Hypertension
- Aortic Dissection
Dr. Mark S. Pecker is an Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center (NYPH-WCMC) and is a Professor of Clinical Medicine and a Professor of Clinical Medicine in Physiology and Biophysics at Weill Cornell Medical College. He received his MD from New York University School of Medicine in 1977 and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Affiliated Hospitals, where he served as Chief Resident. He is certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine and a Fellow of the American College Physicians.
Dr. Pecker is an American Society of Hypertension Hypertension Specialist with expertise in autonomic dysfunction, aortic dissection and secondary and endocrine hypertension.
Dr. Pecker has a passion for medical training. He served as the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency at NYPH-WCMC for 15 years. He remains active in teaching residents and medical students in New York, as well as at Hamad General Hospital and Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar. He helps supervise the yearly International Case Discussion Summer School in Munich, Germany, in coordination with the medical faculties of the Technical University of Munich and Ludwig Maxmillian University.
At Weill Cornell he is an Associate Program Director of the Tri-Institution MD-PhD Program. He also serves as a Chair on the Translation Research Advisory Committee and as the Clinical Sciences Pathway Exploratory Advisor for the Area of Concentration Program at Weill Cornell Medicine.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Medicine in Physiology and Biophysics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1977
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- * AETNA - HMO
- * AETNA - PPO
- * AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- * Affinity Access
- * Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- * United Healthcare - Medicare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported