Matthew T. Murrell, M.D., Ph.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Thoracic Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- B.A., Williams College, 1995
- M.D., Ph.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2006
Honors and Awards
Sadel Wortis Klein Award for Clinical Excellence
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Dr. Murrell is a board certified anesthesiologist currently serving as Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He earned his B.A. at Williams College in 1995 and his M.D., Ph.D. at Mount Sinai Medical Center in 2006, after which he completed both his anesthesiology residency and his thoracic and regional anesthesiology fellowship specialty training at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Murrell's regional anesthesiology practice consists of ultrasound-guided single shot and continuous catheter blocks of upper and lower extremity for both the orthopedic trauma and arthroplasty services; his thoracic practice includes the care of patients undergoing esophagectomy, lobectomy/pneumonectomy and complex airway stenting/reconstruction procedures. In addition to these specialty care areas, Dr. Murrell is involved in the anesthetic management of patients undergoing bariatric, obstetric and general surgery procedures at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Murrell is an active co-investigator in ongoing laboratory and clinical research trials within the Department of Anesthesiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital involving the development and testing of novel neuromuscular blocking compounds.