Marisa McSwain, M.D.
Marisa McSwain, MD is an Anesthesiologist who focuses on all aspects of patient care. Originally from the Pennsylvania town of Bloomsburg, she attended college and earned a BA at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. After college, she worked for a pharmaceutical company in various capacities and decided to pursue a career in medicine. She relocated to New York City and completed the pre-med, post-baccalaureate certificate at Columbia University in 2004. Dr. McSwain earned her MD at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn in 2009, and completed her residency training in 2013 at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. McSwain joins the Department of Anesthesiology faculty with appointments as an Instructor in Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. McSwain and her husband reside in New York City.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 2000
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 2009