Dr. Katz has been a faculty member at Weill Cornell since 1995. She maintains a keen interest in treating patients with reproductive disorders including pituitary, adrenal, ovarian and testicular problems. She enjoys working treating women with endocrine complications of pregnancy such as thyroid disease and gestational diabetes. A large part of her clinical practice and expertise has been devoted to thyroid disorders. Dr. Katz is a member of the Endocrine Society, American Diabetes Association and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Specialties and Expertise
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
- Endocrine Conditions In Pregnancy
- Disorder of Adrenal Gland
- Diabetes In Pregnancy
- Thyroid Disorder
- Thyroid Disease
- Pituitary Neoplasm
- Parathyroid Disease
- Menstrual Disorder
Dr. Melissa Katz has been at NYPH Weill Medical College since 1992 when she began her fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in the joint program with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Prior to that she completed an internal medicine residency at Yale New Haven Hospital. She graduated from SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine and obtained her bachelor's degree from Yale University. Upon completing her fellowship in 1995, Dr. Katz continued her research on male and female reproductive disorders which was published in the New England Journal of Medicine among other distinguished publications.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 1989
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark