Mary J. Roman, M.D.
520 East 70th Street, Starr Pavilion, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10065
P: (646) 962-4733 | F: (212) 746-8561
Most of my patients have heritable forms of heart disease such as Marfan syndrome, familial aortic aneurysm, and bicuspid aortic valve with associated aortic aneurysm. As such, despite being a subspecialist, I have had the opportunity to serve as a 'family doctor' and to care for multiple generations within families over many years. I feel very fortunate to have a clinical practice of relatively young, highly-informed, and motivated individuals with diseases for which there are now life-prolonging therapies.
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Marfan's Syndrome
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro (Effective 1/1/2016)]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Core]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1980
Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Roman is a Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology of the Department of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Attending Physician at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Roman obtained her undergraduate degree (A.B., Russian Language and Literature) at Barnard College in 1974 and her M.D. degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1980. Dr. Roman then served as Intern, Resident and Chief Resident in Internal Medicine at Harlem Hospital, the city hospital affiliate of Columbia University, from 1980-1984. She completed a cardiology fellowship at The New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical College in 1987 and has remained on the full-time faculty ever since.
Dr. Roman's activities include: clinical care, primarily of patients with heritable forms of thoracic aortic aneurysms; teaching of medical students, internal medicine residents, and cardiology fellows; echocardiography, including transesophageal studies; and clinical research. She has an extensive publication record, has served on the editorial boards of several journals, and is a research mentor for residents and fellows. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the National Marfan Foundation.