Michelle N. Lee, O.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Prosthetic Replacement of Ocular Surface Ecosystem (PROSE)
- Contact Lenses
Michelle N. Lee, O.D. is a graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology and the New England College of Optometry. She completed a Cornea and Contact Lens Residency at the Pacific University College of Optometry. Dr. Lee also completed the Boston Foundation for Sight Clinical Fellowship in Prosthetic Replacement of the Ocular Surface Ecosystem (PROSE) which is used in the treatment of conditions such as Dry Eye Syndrome, Sjogren's Syndrome, Graft-versus-Host Disease, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Keratoconus, Post-Surgical Corneal Ectasia, Post-Corneal Transplant and other ocular surface disorders. Along with these conditions, her clinical interest also includes specialty contact lens fitting of irregular astigmatism, high astigmatism, aphakia, and presbyopia. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
An informational video by the Boston Foundation for Sight on PROSE.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Optometrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Staff Associate in Ophthalmology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- O.D., New England College of Optometry, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- United Empire