Michele B. Drotman, M.D.
Dr. Michele Drotman is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Drotman's clinical expertise is in Women's Imaging and she performs a wide variety of exams and procedures including mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, ductography, ultrasound-guided core biopsy , MRI- guided breast biopsy, stereotactic breast biopsy and fine needle aspiration cytology. Dr. Drotman was appointed Chief of the Division of Women's Imaging in 2008.
Dr. Drotman earned her B.A., cum laude, in psychology and mathematics from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri in 1990. She was awarded her M.D. from The Chicago Medical School in 1994. After an internship in internal medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY, Dr. Drotman received radiology residency training (1995-1999) in Diagnostic Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
After completing residency training, Dr. Drotman completed a Fellowship in Breast and Body Imaging at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 1999-2000. Dr. Drotman achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 1999. In addition to providing clinical, Dr. Drotman is involved in the teaching of residents and Women's Imaging fellows.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Drotman M.B., Eisen C.S., Kalowitz J, Rosenblatt R. Efficacy of Specimen Ultrasound in Documenting Lesion Excision After Needle Localization Procedure. Abstract was presented at the Radiological Society of North America Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, December 2003
Drotman M.B., Eisen C.S., Vazques M.F., Wechsler E, Rosenblatt R. Columnar Cell Alteration Diagnosed at Stereotactic Core Biopsy of Breast Calcifications: Mammographic Findings and Results at Subsequent Surgical Excision. Paper was presented at the Radiological Society of North America Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, November 2001
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Breast Biopsy
- Ultrasound-Guided Breast Core Biopsy
- Ultrasound of Breast
- Stereotactic Breast Core Biopsy
- Diagnostic Radiology
- M.D., Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 1994