Michael Ayad, M.D., Ph.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Intracranial Aneurysm
- Arteriovenous Malformation
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Moyamoya Disease
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Spinal Vascular Malformation
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Endovascular Surgery
Dr. Michael Ayad is the Director of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. He is board-certified in neurosurgery and holds two U.S. patents for neurosurgical devices used in the operating room. Areas of expertise include intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, carotid artery disease, Moyamoya disease, intracerebral hemorrhage, spinal vascular disorders and other types of cerebrovascular disease. He also has expertise in endovascular treatment of acute stroke.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Neurological Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, 1998
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1994
- B.S., Stanford University, 1981
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.