Michael J. DeFeo, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Dr Michael Defeo completed his Pediatric residency training at Jersey Shore Medical Center in 1992. He then went on and completed a fellowship in Neonatal Medicine at New York University / Bellevue Hospital in 1995. During his fellowship he was awarded a Research Grant by Wyeth Pharmaceutical for his research work on “Integrins In Normal Lung Development.”
Dr Defeo had been at New York Downtown Hospital for the past sixteen years of which he served as the Director of Newborn Medicine and Vice Chair of the Pediatric Department for eleven of those years. In addition to his Neonatal Intensive Care and Newborn responsibilities, he initiated and developed the New York Downtown Pediatric Faculty Practice of which he practiced general Pediatrics for the past eight years.
Dr Defeo also served as the President of the Medical Board at New York Downtown Hospital in 2008 to 2010.
Dr Defeo is Board Certified in the specialty of Pediatrics.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Ross University School of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (Dominica, WI), 1985
- B.S., Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1981
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported