Specialties and Expertise
- Family Planning
- Pre-Conception Counseling
Dr. Melissa Waterstone graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and went to Medical School at Weill Cornell Medical College and received her MD in 1998. She completed her internship and residency at George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, DC in 2002 and then worked in private practice and was affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center until she came to Weill Cornell Medical Associates in 2005.
Dr. Waterstone's practice focuses on the full range of Obstetrical and Gynecologic care including outpatient, surgical and Labor and Delivery care.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Award for Excellence in Laparoscopic Surgery 2002
George Washington University Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported