Dr. Maria Bustillo is a professor of clinical anesthesiology and a professor of anesthesiology in clinical neurological surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine. She is an attending anesthesiologist with the Department of Anesthesiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Bustillo received her M.D. from the Universidad Central de Venezuela. She completed her residency in anesthesiology and her fellowship in neuroanesthesiology at the Department of Anesthesiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University. After her fellowship, she joined the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Arkansas where she was a member of the neuroanesthesia division and served as the chair of the Quality Assurance Committee.
Dr. Bustillo joined the Department of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medicine in 2005; from 2007 to 2013 she served as the anesthesiology residency program director. In 2013, Dr. Bustillo joined Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center where she served as director of neuroaneshtesiology and co-director of the operating rooms at the Moses Campus. In 2015, Dr. Bustillo returned to Weill Cornell as the chief of the division of neuroanesthesiology. She is the senior representative of the Department of Anesthesiology to the General Faculty Council at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Bustillo is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology. She is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists (NYSSA) and the Society of Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care (SNACC). She is the vice-chair of the Resident Research Contest Committee and vice-chair of the Miniworkshop Committee at the PGA/NYSSA. She is a member of the Committee on Neuroanesthesiology and the Subcommittee on Education in Neuroanesthesiology at the ASA. She is a member of the Clinical Affairs Committee at SNACC and a member of the International Council on Perioperative Neuroscience Training. Dr. Bustillo is a board examiner for Part 2 Applied Examination of the American Board of Anesthesiology.
- American Board of Anesthesiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Attending Anesthesiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Anesthesiology in Clinical Neurological Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Central University of Venezuela, School of Medicine (Venezuela), 1992
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported