It is my privilege to care for the most vulnerable newborns and their families during one of the most stressful times in their lives. I am honored to be part of a highly skilled team devoted to providing exceptional and individualized care to each infant and their family. I have a special interest in the neurodevelopmental outcomes of NICU graduates, and enjoy seeing our patients and their families in our follow-up clinic for high-risk newborns.
Specialties and Expertise
- Newborn Medicine
Dr. Mary Vernov is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
She completed her undergraduate degree at Barnard College of Columbia University, where she graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Neuroscience and Behavior. She earned her medical degree (M.D.) from Weill Cornell Medical College. She went on to complete residency training in pediatrics and a fellowship in neonatal-perinatal medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Vernov's research interest is in the neurodevelopmental outcomes, especially language development, of former preterm infants and term infants with brain injury.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
2014, Distinguished Housestaff Award, New York Weill Cornell Medical Center Alumni Council
2006, Magna cum laude, Barnard College, B.A.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2012
- B.S., Barnard College - Columbia University, 2006
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical