Luke Kim, M.D.
The field of interventional cardiology is advancing rapidly, and there are numerous exciting therapies on the horizon. State-of-the-art technology and improvement in techniques allow effective management of patients with coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease with minimally invasive procedures. In a collaborative effort with the physicians at Weill Cornell, I hope to provide our patients with the best care and make contributions in our patients' lives.
Luke Kim, M.D. received his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University and his M.D. degree from Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his internship, residency in Internal Medicine, fellowship in Clinical and Interventional Cardiology at NYPH-Cornell Campus. He also completed an advanced training in structural and peripheral vascular fellowship at Hahnemann University hospital.
Dr. Kim's research interests includes the evaluation of antiplatelet therapy in acute coronary syndromes and assessment of clinical outcomes of patients with peripheral vascular disease.
From a clinical standpoint, Dr. Kim specializes in percutaneous interventions of coronary arteries as well as endovascular treatment of peripheral vascular disease. Endovascular therapy for carotid disease is improving rapidly, and Dr. Kim has extensive training in this area utilizing cutting-edge technology. In addition, Dr. Kim provides outpatient services for patients with a history of carotid artery disease.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Renal Vascular Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
- M.D., Duke University School of Medicine, 2003