Leila Rafla-Demetrious, M.D.
156 William Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10038
P: (646) 962-2020 | F: (646) 962-0604
1305 York Avenue, 11th and 12th Floor
New York, NY 10021
P: (646) 962-2020 | F: (646) 962-0602
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1993
Honors and Awards
Dr. Rafla Demetrious received honors from the Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) in 1991
Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Rafla-Demetrious is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the Weill Cornell Medicine. She received a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania and received her M.D. from SUNY Downstate, graduating with the distinct honor of Summa Cum Laude.
Dr. Rafla-Demetrious did her medical internship at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in N.Y.C, New York. Thereafter, she began her Ophthalmology residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University in New York City in 1994. She then remained there to continue her Fellowship in Glaucoma. Upon completion, she joined the Department of Ophthalmology at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology in 2000.
Dr. Rafla-Demetrious’s clinical practice specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma and anterior segment diseases.
Dr. Rafla Demetrious received honors from the Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) in 1991.