I am thrilled to be starting my tenth year as a member of the Department of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medicine. I have been in practice for thirty years, spending all of my clinical time in the ambulatory setting.
Specialties and Expertise
- Clinical Neurology
- General Neurology
- Pinched Nerve
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Cluster Headache
- Tension Headache
- Facial Pain
- Bell's Palsy
- Gait Analysis
Louise Klebanoff, MD has been named the Chief of General Neurology and the Vice Chair of Operations for the Department of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is also an Assistant Attending Neurologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Klebanoff received her medical degree from Georgetown University Medical Center, graduating first in her class, and went on to complete a residency in Neurology and a fellowship in Critical Care Neurology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center.
Prior to joining the Weill Cornell faculty, Dr. Klebanoff served as Attending Neurologist at Beth Israel Medical Center, where she also held leadership roles on various committees and served as the first female president of the Medical Board.
Dr. Klebanoff is board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology. She is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society, the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Neurology.
Dr. Klebanoff welcomes patients at the following location:
General Neurology Practice
520 East 70th Street, Starr Pavilion 607
Phone: (212) 746-2271
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Neurology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1984
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1980
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported