Locations and Appointments
- Clinical Neurology
- General Neurology
- Pinched Nerve
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1984
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1980
I am thrilled to be a member of the Department of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical Center. I have been in practice for over twenty years, spending a steadily increasing proportion of my time in the ambulatory setting. As a general neurologist, I care for patients with common neurological problems. I have a special interest in the management and treatment of patients with headaches and migraines, neck and back pain, pinched nerves, dizziness and vertigo as well as diagnostic challenges. My philosophy is to develop a therapeutic alliance with my patients, partnering with them in their plan of care and treatment. Due to my background in intensive care neurology, I bring a critical eye to out-patient neurology.
Louise Klebanoff, MD has been named the Chief of General Neurology and the Vice Chair of Operations for the Department of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is also an Assistant Attending Neurologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Klebanoff received her medical degree from Georgetown University Medical Center, graduating first in her class, and went on to complete a residency in Neurology and a fellowship in Critical Care Neurology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center.
Prior to joining the Weill Cornell faculty, Dr. Klebanoff served as Attending Neurologist at Beth Israel Medical Center, where she also held leadership roles on various committees and served as the first female president of the Medical Board.
Dr. Klebanoff is board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology. She is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society, the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Neurology.
Dr. Klebanoff welcomes patients at the following location:
General Neurology Practice
520 East 70th Street, Starr Pavilion 607
Phone: (212) 746-2271
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans