Lisa S. Ipp, M.D.
I am very fortunate to work in the field of adolescent medicine in an academic setting. I have the wonderful opportunity to take care of patients, and am also able to engage in resident and medical student teaching, as well as be involved in various research activities in my field. Caring for teenagers as they move from childhood to adulthood is extremely rewarding, and is it a privilege to be part of a very talented interdisciplinary team of pediatric providers.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Adolescent Medicine
- Menstrual Disorder
- Mental Health and Substance Use Assessment In Adolescent
- Routine Sports Examination For Healthy Child or Adolescent
- Healthy Adolescent on Routine Physical Examination
Lisa S. Ipp, M.D. is a Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and Attending Pediatrician in the Department of Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Ipp is also the Chief, Pediatric Medicine at Hospital for Special Surgery. She is board-certified in pediatrics and adolescent medicine and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
After graduating with a B.S. from Cornell University in 1992, Dr. Ipp attended the Cornell University Medical College (currently Weill Cornell Medical College) from 1992 to 1996, where she earned her medical degree (M.D.). She served as a resident in pediatrics at Hasbro Children's Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University from 1996-1999. After completing her residency training, Dr. Ipp received further training in adolescent medicine at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
In addition to her adolescent and general practice at Helmsley Tower, Dr. Ipp instructs pediatric residents and medical students in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. She is a member of a variety of professional organizations including the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) and the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. Dr. Ipp has received special training in sexual assault evaluation, addiction medicine and child/adolescent psychiatry. She is also an author of many articles pertaining to adolescent health.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2016, Faculty Award for Mentoring in Resident Research
- 2016, New York's Best Doctors in Adolescent Medicine
- 2013-2016, Selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in the field of Adolescent Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics (Adolescent Medicine)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1996
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported