Linzey Smith, M.A., CCC-SLP, is a full-time speech-language pathologist for Weill Cornell Medical College. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Redlands in California and her Master of Arts from Long Island University, Post. She holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association and licensed in New York State. She also holds her Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disability (TSSLD) Certificate.
Specialties and Expertise
- Communicative Disorder
- Speech and Language Disorder
Linzey Smith, M.A., CCC-SLP, is a full-time pediatric speech and language pathologist in the Department of Otolaryngology. She holds a B.A. degree from the University of Redlands, and an M.A. degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Long Island University, C.W. Post. She is licensed in New York state, holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA), and holds her Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disability (TSSLD) Certificate.
Ms. Smith has many years of clinical experience in providing comprehensive assessments in articulation, language, resonance, and voice, as well as therapy for children with a wide range of speech and language disorders. She specializes in craniofacial speech disorders and velopharyngeal dysfunction, and is a member of the Craniofacial and Children's Reconstructive Surgery Team at Cornell. Ms. Smith has also received formal training in PROMPT therapy (level 2), for the treatment of motor speech disorders.
Education and Training
- M.A., Long Island University, 2015
- B.A., University of Redlands, 2013
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported