Specialties and Expertise
- Communicative Disorder
- Speech and Language Disorder
Linzey Smith, M.A., CCC-SLP, is a full-time speech-language pathologist for Weill Cornell Medical College. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Redlands in California and her Master of Arts from Long Island University, Post. She holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association and licensed in New York State. She also holds her Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disability (TSSLD) Certificate.
Linzey Smith, M.A., CCC-SLP, is a full-time pediatric speech and language pathologist in the Department of Otolaryngology. She holds a B.A. degree from the University of Redlands, and an M.A. degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Long Island University, C.W. Post. She is licensed in New York state, holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA), and holds her Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disability (TSSLD) Certificate.
Ms. Smith has many years of clinical experience in providing comprehensive assessments in articulation, language, resonance, and voice, as well as therapy for children with a wide range of speech and language disorders. She specializes in craniofacial speech disorders and velopharyngeal dysfunction, and is a member of the Craniofacial and Children's Reconstructive Surgery Team at Cornell. Ms. Smith has also received formal training in PROMPT therapy (level 2), for the treatment of motor speech disorders.
Education and Training
- M.A., Long Island University, 2015
- B.A., University of Redlands, 2013
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass