Locations and Appointments
- Adult Nephrology
- Nephrology Consults
- Nephrology Consultation
- Pre-Eclampsia Added to Pre-Existing Hypertension
- History of Pre-Eclampsia In Prior Pregnancy, Currently Pregnant
- Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Puerperium With Baby Delivered and Postnatal Complication
- Hypertension In Pregnancy, Pre-Existing, Antepartum
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Instructor of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine (Lebanon), 2009
- B.S., American University of Beirut (Lebanon), 2005
I am a nephrologist with a specialization in hypertension. My field of interest is obstetric nephrology. My practice and research endeavors focus on the care of women with hypertension and/or kidney disease who are currently pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
Preeclampsia is a hypertensive disease of pregnancy that can have devastating effects on mother and child. Although this syndrome dates back to the times of Hippocrates, modern medicine has yet to fully understand all of its mechanisms to be able to stop them. At the Weill Cornell Hypertension Center, our research team studies women with hypertension during pregnancy in order to help shed more light into possible biomarkers, mechanisms and therapies for preeclampsia.
Pregnancy, especially when it is complicated by hypertension and/or kidney disease, can be a very trying time. Our philosophy is to partner with the obstetricians to help our patients with compassionate and state-of-the-art care.
Line Malha MD is an Assistant Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and an Instructor in Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Malha graduated from the American University of Beirut (Lebanon) with a Bachelor of Science in Biology in 2005 and a Doctor of Medicine in 2009. She completed her Residency in Internal Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. She completed a Fellowship in Nephrology at New York University Langone Medical Center and a Fellowship in Hypertension at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Malha practices at the Weill Cornell Hypertension Center, which is one of the few hypertension practices in the United States dedicated to the investigation and treatment of all forms of hypertension. Her research is dedicated to the investigation of preeclampsia and other forms of kidney disease during pregnancy and in women planning to become pregnant.
In 2016, Dr. Malha was awarded the Zuspan Award for the most outstanding clinical science work in the study of hypertension in pregnancy by the International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy World Congress.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Zuspan Award Certificate at the ISSHP World Congress, São Paulo, Brazil 2016