Specialties and Expertise
Dr. Bao’s primary research interests are genetic and genomic profiling of hematologic neoplasms and genetic abnormalities underlying congenital conditions. Dr. Bao was a full member of the University of Colorado Cancer Center, an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center, and served as directorof the cytogenetics shared resource within the CU cancer center. Dr. Bao is the vice president of American Cytogenomics Conference, a national professional organization for cytogeneticists in US, and the president-elect of Association of Chinese Geneticist in America. He joined Cornell to become the Director of the Cytogentic division in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
• Postdoctoral training fellowship award, National Institutes of Health, 1999
• Hundred Talents, Chongqing Municipal Government, China, 2012
- American Board of Medical Genetics (Clinical Cytogenetics)
- American Board of Medical Genetics (Clinical Molecular Genetics)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (Interim) - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of South Alabama, 1996
- M.S., Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University (China), 1988
- M.D., Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University (China), 1985
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported