Lee Kathleen Collins, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Radiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MRI, Pediatric
- CT Scan, Pediatric
- CT Scan of the Body
- CT Scan of the Abdomen
- CT Scan of the Pelvis
- Pediatric Ultrasound
- X-Ray Imaging
- Fluoroscopic Air Contrast Barium Enema In Pediatric Patient
- Fluoroscopic Voiding Cystourethrography In Pediatric Patient
- Fluoroscopy of Upper Gastrointestinal Tract In Pediatric Patient
- Reduction of Intussusception of Ileal Bladder In Pediatric Patient
Lee Kathleen Collins, MD is a Board certified radiologist sub-specialized in Pediatric Radiology. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Campus, Lower Manhattan Hospital, and Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Dr. Collins attended the University of Pennsylvania where she graduated in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology. She then earned a Master of Science in Physiology from Georgetown University in 1997, followed by Pre-Doctoral Fellow at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) from 1998 to 1999, before earning a Doctor of Medicine from New York Medical College in 2003. Upon graduation, Dr. Collins was selected for a highly coveted internship in Preliminary Medicine at Queen’s Medical Center, University of Hawaii in Honolulu. Upon her return to New York, Dr. Collins served as a resident in Diagnostic Radiology at Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College from 2004 to 2008. She then completed a fellowship in Pediatric Radiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital, The University Hospital and Columbia and Cornell in 2009.
Dr. Collins joined the faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine in 2018 as Assistant Attending of Radiology, having spent the previous nine years in the same role at Cohen Children’s Medical Center at Northwell Health. Dr. Collins’s expertise is in the interpretation and performance of all examinations performed on pediatric patients across multiple modalities including all radiographs, fluoroscopy such as upper GIs, contrast enemas, and intussusception reductions, ultrasounds, CT, and MRI examinations. Dr. Collins has particular expertise in body MRI imaging. Dr. Collins is committed to the clinical care of children and their families, as well as to maintaining strong and collaborative relationships with referring clinicians.
Dr. Collins’s research interests are focused on pediatric dose reduction and advancing modalities without ionizing radiation, such as pediatric body MRI, musculoskeletal MRI, and ultrasound.
Dr. Collins has been published in numerous peer reviewed journals and an academic medical textbook, and she regularly delivers presentations at national medical meetings. Dr. Collins enjoys teaching medical students, residents, fellows and medical students in the interpretation and performance of all examinations performed on pediatric patients including all radiographs, fluoroscopy, ultrasounds, CT, and MRI examinations. Dr. Collins was the Pediatric Radiology Fellowship Program Director at the School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell where she was also on the Medical School Admissions Committee.
Dr. Collins is a member of the American College of Radiology, the Society for Pediatric Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, American Academy of Pediatrics, and the New York Roentgen Society. She sits on numerous national committees including the pediatric rapid response committee with the American College of Radiology.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
APDR (Association of Program Directors in Radiology)-ACR RadExam Award of Excellence. Silver Level Author. 2016
- American Board of Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York Medical College, 2003
- M.S., Georgetown University, 1997
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1996
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported