Kristen Leeman, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
Kristen Leeman, M.D is a radiologist specializing in Neuroradiology. She is an Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Leeman earned her B.S. from Boston College in 2007 and earned her M.D. from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2012.
Following an internship at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, NY, Dr. Leeman completed her residency training in Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine. She completed her fellowship training in Neuroradiology at Weill Cornell Medical College prior to joining the faculty as an Assistant Professor of Radiology in July 2018.
Dr. Leeman’s clinical expertise is in Neuroradiology. She interprets a variety of studies, including radiographs, MRI, MRA, CT and CTA examinations of the brain, head and neck, and spine. She also performs neurointerventional procedures, including fluoroscopically-guided lumbar punctures and CT and MR myelograms. In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Leeman is an active teacher of residents, fellows and medical students.
Dr. Leeman is a member of several radiological societies listed below:
• American College of Radiology
• Radiological Society of North America
• American Society of Neuroradiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2012
- B.S., Boston College, 2007
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care - PPO
- GHI - Pathway X
- Health First - Pathway X Enhanced
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - CBP
- Medicare - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark - Liberty
- UHC Compass - Medicare Advantage
- United Empire - Metro/Core/Charter
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- WellCare Health Plans - Medicare