Specialties and Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Orthopedic Radiology
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- CT Scan of the Body
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- PET Scan
- Bone Scan
- X-Ray Imaging
- Extremity X-Ray
- MRI of the Foot and Ankle
- MRI of the Hand and Wrist
- MRI of the Knee
- MRI of the Shoulder
Dr. Keith Hentel is Chief of the Division of Emergency/Musculoskeletal Radiology and is Executive Vice Chairman in the Department of Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
He is a 1991 graduate of Cornell University (B.S. in Biology) and earned his M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Yale University in 1993. Dr. Hentel is a graduate of Weill Cornell Medical College and was awarded his M.D. in 1998.
After a year as an intern in Internal Medicine at North Shore University Hospital, Dr. Hentel served as a radiology resident in Diagnostic Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital –Weill Cornell Campus (NYPH-WCC) from 1999 to 2003. Dr. Hentel was elected to serve as Radiology Chief Resident from 2002 to 2003. Upon completion of Fellowship training in Musculoskeletal Radiology at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center from 2003 to 2004, Dr. Hentel was recruited to the full-time faculty of NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Campus in July 2004.
Dr. Hentel is an Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and is an Associate Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Campus.
He achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2003.
His clinical expertise is in musculoskeletal imaging and in emergency radiology. Dr. Hentel’s leadership positions in the Department of Radiology reflect his dedication to ensuring that our department provides excellent clinical care in a caring and timely fashion and his striving for improvement in our processes.
Dr. Hentel’s commitment to the education of future radiologists is reflected in his active participation in medical student and resident/fellowship training programs. In addition to serving as mentor and advisor to individual students and residents Dr. Hentel is the Director, Medical Student Radiology Clerkship at Weill Cornell Medical College (2004-present) and is the Director of the Body Fellowship program (2004-2007) Department of Radiology, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Hentel has been an invited speaker nationally and has published numerous articles and book chapters. Dr. Hentel also serves on many institution-wide committees in the both NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 1998
- M.S., Yale University, 1993
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY