Locations and Appointments
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2011
- B.S., Yale University, 2005
Dr. Katherine Goettsche is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine, and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital. In addition to her academic responsibilities, Dr. Goettsche treats a range of conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings. She uses an integrated approach that incorporates psychotherapy, medications, or both according to individual needs and preference.
Dr. Goettsche received her undergraduate degree from Yale University and medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She completed internship and residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. During residency she was a member of the Residency Council, and participated in The Columbia Psychoanalytic Fellowship through The Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research. She completed fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division, Cornell University. She is active in teaching medical students and supervising psychiatry residents. She is a member of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry.
Dr. Goettsche's professional interests include geriatric psychiatry, psychopharmacology and psychotherapy, medical education, and collaborative care. She is particularly interested in the intersection of medical and psychiatric illness, and integrating psychiatric care into primary care settings.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care