Kemi Babagbemi, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Breast Imaging
- Breast Ultrasonography
- Gynecologic Ultrasound
- Ultrasound-Guided Breast Core Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guidance For Fine Needle Aspiration
- Stereotactic Breast Core Biopsy
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Breast MRI
Dr. T. Kemi Babagbemi is a board certified radiologist specializing in Women’s Imaging. Dr. Babagbemi has been full time faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine since 2006. She is currently an Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
She earned her B.S. degree, Summa Cum Laude, from Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA in 1994 and was awarded her M.D. degree from Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA in 1998. Dr. Babagbemi was an intern (1998-1999) at The Cambridge Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA. She then completed her residency training (1999-2003) in Diagnostic Radiology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA. Dr. Babagbemi was elected Chief Radiology Resident in 2001-2002. She remained at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital for additional training in Women’s Imaging and Emergency Radiology. Prior to joining Weill Cornell, Dr. Babagbemi was an attending radiologist at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in both the Ultrasound and Breast Imaging departments.
Dr. Babagbemi’s clinical expertise is in Women’s imaging (mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and image guided procedures) and ultrasonography (including early obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound).
She also interested in improving diversity and inclusion in health care settings and in understanding and addressing health disparities as it relates to the access to diagnosis and treatment of disease. She is currently a Faculty Scholar in Health Equity, an initiative of the Cornell Center for Health Equity (CCHEq) and the Diversity Center of Excellence.
Dr. Babagbemi is very active and involved in the teaching of radiology residents and medical students. She is currently the assistant course director for the Weill Medical College Introduction to Clinical Imaging course, RAD 104.NY. Other teaching activities include Point of Care ultrasound (POCUS) and the hands on training of ultrasound skills.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Chief Resident, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston
Resident teaching award, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston-2001
Resident teaching award, Core clerkship in radiology , Harvard Medical School-2001& 2000
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans