Specialties and Expertise
- General OB/GYN
- Gynecologic Exams
- Family Planning
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
Dr. Julia Meisler is an obstetrician and gynecologist who provides care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. She is committed to offering compassionate and quality care to patients of all ages, races, sexual orientations and gender identifications. Dr. Meisler believes that honest communication and patient education are essential in building a successful physician-patient relationship. She aims to provide the highest level of care while also empowering patients in their choices.
Dr. Meisler received her medical degree from New York Medical College where she collaborated in published research that explored barriers to contraception adherence in adolescents. She also completed a reproductive health externship.
Dr. Meisler then completed a OB/GYN residency at Mount Sinai West where she was committed to fostering a positive patient experience and maintaining patient safety. She designed and implemented a quality improvement study to reduce ambulatory admission rates after minimally invasive hysterectomies.
She is committed to teaching residents and students, and earned an award for medical student education. Dr. Meisler was born and raised in New York City. She received her undergraduate degree in psychology from Grinnell College in Iowa and completed the post-baccalaureate premedical program at Washington University of St. Louis.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York Medical College, 2016
- B.A., Grinnell College, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY