Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
As a General Internist, Dr. Stulman has extensive experience in the diagnosis and management of a wide range of medical conditions. His approach to patient care emphasizes incorporating the best medical evidence available with the individual needs and values of the patient. As a leader of the Iris Cantor Health Center, Dr. Stulman is dedicated to providing all patients with comprehensive medical care, which includes a commitment to access, communication and coordination of care.
Dr. James Stulman graduated from Brown University and received his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine . He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at St. Luke's Hospital i. Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medical Associates in 2012, Dr. Stulman worked the Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Hospital where he was involved with the teaching of medical students and the training of interns and residents. In addition, Dr. Stulman served as the medical director of large ambulatory care practices at each of these institutions.
Dr. Stulman is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
- Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1989
- Sc.B., Brown University, 1983
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass