Joseph J. Abularrage, M.D., M.P.H
Joseph J. Abularrage, M.D., M.P.H. is Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian-Queens.
Dr. Abularrage achieved his Bachelor's degree from Fordham University in 1971,and his medical degree (M.D.) in 1975 from the New York University School of Medicine. He received a Master's in Public Health in 1975 and a Master's in Philosophy in 1981 from Columbia University. After internship at New York University-Bellevue Hospital Medical Center, he completed his Pediatric residency at the same institution.
Dr. Abularrage pursues an interest in Developmental Testing and Health Care Administration. He has written grants in neuro-epidemiology training and on bicycle helmets for the New York State Department of Health. His contributions to medical literature includes works on interstitial nephritis, familial dysautonomia, and the effect of language differences on diagnosis and treatment in the emergency room.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Queens
Education and Training
- M.Phil., Columbia University, 1981
- M.P.H., Columbia University, School of Public Health, 1978
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1975
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.