Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
I chose to become a primary care physician because I love to develop relationships with my patients to provide individualized care, where I would not only treat a medical problem but also integrate their personal, social, and professional lives to optimize the care.
Medicine is changing at a rapid pace and I strive to keep myself up-to-date and find ways to improve one step at a time.
Before joining Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Jang was a primary care physician in Greenwich, CT, as well as a hospitalist in the NYC area. Dr. Jang grew up in Queens, NY and went to college at New York University, where he studied religious studies in addition to his pre-med studies. He earned his medical degree in Israel from Ben-Gurion University’s Medical School for International Health in collaboration with Columbia University Medical Center and completed his residency training at Greenwich Hospital, where he also served as chief resident. Dr. Jang has particular interests in preventive medicine and medical informatics.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Ben Gurion University Medical School (Israel), 2009
- B.A., New York University, 2005
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass