Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Medical Informatics
- Preventive Medicine Specialist
My career is dedicated to the care of children and establishing trust and good connections with my patients and their families. I want to ensure my patients are on track to succeed in their health as well as socially and mentally as they grow. Those who choose me as their primary care physician will find that I am extremely dedicated to my patients, am always open to answering questions and spend the extra minute with my patients. My goal is to also improve our care of children in general through the use of new technologies and innovation.
Dr. Jonathan Elias received his medical degree from Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia in 2015. He completed his pediatric residency at Weill Cornell Medical Center in 2018 and completed further training as a clinical informatician at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in 2020. During his clinical informatics training, Dr. Elias helped streamline mobile hospital communications using state of the art applications.
Dr. Elias is a board-certified pediatrician whose interests in pediatrics include newborn care, preventative medicine as well as utilizing the newest technologies to improve the care of children. He is the Assistant Medical Director of Information Services at Weill Cornell Medical Center where his duties include focusing on clinical efficiency, care quality, patient safety and workflows as they apply to the electronic medical record. He has a special interest in using new technologies to improve patient care and the doctor-patient relationship.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Instructor in Population Health Sciences - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2015
- B.A., Columbia University, 2011
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass