Johnson Chen, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Body Imaging - US/CT/MRI
- Diagnostic Radiology
Johnson Chen, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in body imaging. He is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Chen earned his A.B .degree in Biology from Harvard University in 1998. He was awarded his M.D. degree from the Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons in 2005.
Dr. Chen did an internship year in Internal Medicine at New York Downtown Hospital, NY, NY before completing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2006-2010) at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He remained at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell for fellowship training in MRI and Body Imaging and was subsequently invited to join the radiology faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in August 2011.
Dr. Chen's clinical expertise is in MRI and cross-sectional body imaging and he interprets a variety of modalities, including MRI, CT, PET-CT and ultrasound.
Dr. Chen achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in June 2010.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Chen is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Chen is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
- -American College of Radiology (ACR)
- -Association of University Radiologists (AUR)
- -Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- -New York Roentgen Society
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2005
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans