Specialties and Expertise
- Adult Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Mood Disorder
Jimmy N Avari, M.D., is currently an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist in the Department of Psychiatry at Payne Whitney Westchester of New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University. He currently works in the Evaluation Center and for the Consultation/ Liaison service of NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center.
He is board certified in General Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He has an interest in treating geriatric mood disorders and looking at the interface between medical and psychiatric illness.
Dr. Avari received his medical degree from the Ross University School of Medicine and trained at Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, where he served as Chief Resident. He then went on to complete a fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry at the NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center.
Dr. Avari also remains active in teaching medical students, psychiatry residents and geriatric psychiatry fellows. He is an active participant in both the American Psychiatric Association and the American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry.
To schedule an appointment he can be reached at 914-997-5867 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Psychiatry, Geriatric
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Ross University School of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (Dominica, WI), 2006
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark