Specialties and Expertise
- General Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiology
- High Blood Pressure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
Dr. Joy Gelbman practices General Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine at Starr Pavillion 4th Floor.
Her practice includes patients with hypertension, hyperlipidemia, coronary artery disease, valvular heart conditions, and those who have undergone heart surgery or interventional procedures. She has a particular interest in women's cardiovascular health.
Dr. Gelbman is board certified in echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. She works in close affiliation with all physicians in the Division of Cardiology, including subspecialists in Cardiac Electrophysiology, Heart Failure, Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization, and Non-Invasive Testing.
Dr. Joy Gelbman received her undergraduate degree from Amherst College. She received her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and completed her Internal Medicine internship and residency and her Cardiolgy fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical Center - New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Gelbman also serves as the Assistant Director of Population Health. In this role Dr. Gelbman provides medical leadership to the Physician Organization’s care management team, works with the managed care team to recommend quality and utilization metrics for our payer contracts, and operationalizes improvement programs to meet these measures. Dr. Gelbman collaborates with other members of clinical leadership to help achieve success on our Medicare ACO and other shared savings programs. Her work is focused on the quadruple aim of enhancing patient experience, improving population health, reducing cost, and improving the work life of health care providers.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- National Board of Echocardiography
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported