Joy M. Gelbman, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- General Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiology
- High Blood Pressure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro (Effective 1/1/2016)]
- Oxford Health Plans [Core]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Charter]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2000
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Joy Gelbman practices General Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine at the Weill Greenberg Center.
Her practice includes patients with hypertension, hyperlipidemia, coronary artery disease, valvular heart conditions, and those who have undergone heart surgery or interventional procedures. She has a particular interest in women's cardiovascular health.
Dr. Gelbman is board certified in echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. She works in close affiliation with all physicians in the Division of Cardiology, including subspecialists in Cardiac Electrophysiology, Heart Failure, Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization, and Non-Invasive Testing.
Dr. Joy Gelbman received her undergraduate degree from Amherst College. She received her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and completed her Internal Medicine internship and residency and her Cardiolgy fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical Center - New York Presbyterian Hospital.