Janine Katzen, M.D.
520 East 70th Street, Starr Pavilion, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10065
P: 212-821-0680 | F: (212) 746-8189
1305 York Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10021
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Breast Imaging
- US Guided Needle Biopsy of Breast
- Breast Ultrasonography
- Breast MRI
- Breast Biopsies
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- M.D., University of Miami School of Medicine, 2005
- B.S., Emory University, 2001
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Janine T. Katzen, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Women's Imaging. She is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Katzen earned her B.S. in Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology from Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia in 2001. She was awarded her M.D. degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida in 2005 and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society prior to graduation.
Dr. Katzen did an internship year in Internal Medicine year at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL and remained at Jackson Memorial Hospital completing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2006-2010). She was selected to serve as Chief Resident in 2009- 2010.
Dr. Katzen then completed a year of fellowship training in Breast and Body Imaging at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2010-2011) before joining the full-time radiology faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College in August 2011.
Dr. Katzen's clinical expertise is in Women's Imaging and she interprets a variety of imaging studies including mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, body CT, body ultrasound and also performs stereotactic breast biopsies, and image-guided breast biopsies (ultrasound, MRI).
Dr. Katzen achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in June 2010.
Dr. Katzen's research interests include breast MRI.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Katzen is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.