Jacques H. Scharoun, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Pediatric Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1995
Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Dr. Scharoun is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
After graduating from Harvard College '90 and later Columbia Medical School (P&S) '95, he completed residency in anesthesiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He completed a fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology in 2001.
Dr. Scharoun performs anesthesia for all types of pediatric patients but has a special interest in congenital heart disease surgery. He is actively involved in medical student and resident education and has written two book chapters on pediatric anesthesia. He is actively involved in New York State Society of Anesthesiologists, and serves on the Government and Legal Affairs committee therein.