Locations and Appointments
- Behavioral Pediatrics
- Child Development
- Motor Developmental Delay
- Speech or Language Development Delay
- Attention Deficit Disorder of Childhood
- Learning Difficulty
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.B.,Ch.B., Bristol University Medical School (United Kingdom), 1983
Dr. Jennifer Cross is an Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center and Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine, where she also served as the Program Director for the Early Intervention Program for 9 years. An expert in the diagnosis and management of children with developmental disabilities, Dr. Cross is board certified in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. She has been listed as one of Castle Connolly's Top Doctors in the New York Metro Area for the past years, and has also been included in New York Magazine's Top Doctors.
Dr. Cross received her medical degree (MB ChB) from Bristol University Medical School, Bristol England in 1983. After completing an internship at the Bristol Royal Infirmary, Dr. Cross moved to the United States, where she completed her Pediatric residency training at Lenox Hill Hospital and then a fellowship in Developmental Pediatrics at Westchester Institute for Human Development/New York Medical College. After her fellowships, Dr. Cross was appointed as Clinical Assistant Professor in Pediatrics in the Department of Developmental Pediatrics at New York Medical College (NYMC), Valhalla and Attending Pediatrician at Westchester Medical Center, where she worked for eight years. Before joining Weill Cornell Medical College in 2006, Dr. Cross worked as a Developmental Pediatrician for four years at The McCarton Center for Developmental Pediatrics in Manhattan, where she provided evaluations and management for children with a variety of developmental, learning, and behavioral disabilities including autistic spectrum disorders.
In addition to her clinical responsibilities, Dr. Cross teaches residents and medical students, and is the Section Chief of Child Development.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Amida Care
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans