Specialties and Expertise
- Sports Medicine
I believe that the foundation for a patient’s successful treatment at any activity level includes a thorough individualized evaluation of each patient’s body biomechanics and goals, discussion of evidence-based research related to their condition, and empowering each patient to become educated about their condition and take an active role in their treatment.
Dr. Jennifer Soo Hoo is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is a dual board certified physician in Sports Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. She specializes in providing comprehensive non-operative Sports Medicine and musculoskeletal medicine care for patients of all levels of activity. She uses modern image-guided procedures to aid in diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal and spine injuries including musculoskeletal ultrasound and fluoroscopy. She has also been trained in regenerative medicine procedures, such as platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections. Dr. Soo Hoo is currently a U.S Soccer Network Physician and works with US Soccer youth women’s national teams and US Paralympic Soccer team.
Dr. Soo Hoo’s goal is to listen to and assess each patient thoroughly and create an individualized, patient-centered treatment plan. She also believes that incorporating both personal experience as well as the most up to date, evidence-based research findings into patient education is key to each patient’s success. She uses her personal experience as a former collegiate soccer player as well as prior experiences as a team physician for collegiate and professional sports teams to better understand and guide her patients. She enjoys taking care of all musculoskeletal injuries, with a special interest in soccer injuries, running injuries, and injuries sustained from HIIT classes. Her research interests include musculoskeletal ultrasound and injury prevention. She also enjoys teaching and mentoring medical students, residents, and fellows.
Dr. Soo Hoo attended Case Western Reserve University’s combined seven year undergraduate and medical school program. She subsequently completed her residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Washington, where she also served as Chief Resident and won the Outstanding Resident Research Award. She went on to complete a fellowship in Sports Medicine at Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center/Shirley Ryan Abilitylab (formerly known as the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago), where she won the Sarah Baskin Award for Best Fellow Research.
Dr. Soo Hoo was born and raised in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey and enjoys playing/watching soccer, traveling, hiking, and razor clamming.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Adjunct Assistant Professor in Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Wilibald Nagler Clinical Scholar in Rehabilitation Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2013
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare