Locations and Appointments
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., East Tennessee State University, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, 2008
- B.A., University of Chicago, 2002
Bringing state-of-the-art cardiac care to each and every patient is a passion and a privilege.
Jennifer Jantz, M.D. joined the Cardiology Division at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College as a full-time faculty member in February 2019. Her practice focuses on transesophageal and transthoracic echocardiography for valvular heart disease. The transesophageal images that she produces and interprets guide the placement of therapeutic devices such as MitraClips and transcatheter aortic valves.
Originally from Brentwood, TN, Dr. Jantz received her undergraduate degree in Early Modern British History from the University of Chicago. She graduated with honors from the Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University. Dr. Jantz completed her internship, residency and served an additional year as Chief Resident in the Yale School of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency program. After completing her general cardiology fellowship at Warren Alpert Brown Medical School, she stayed on for an additional year of training in preventive cardiology. Dr. Jantz concluded her training with a fellowship in Interventional Echocardiography at Columbia.
Before coming to Cornell, Dr. Jantz practiced at Hartford Hospital, where she was Director of Interventional Echocardiography. Her work with the Hartford Hospital Cardiology Fellowship program earned her the outstanding teaching award.
Dr. Jantz is board certified in general cardiology and echocardiography.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans