Jason C. Baker, M.D.
I believe that successful treatment of an illness requires a collaborative approach between a patient and a healthcare provider, and that the keys to good health include preventative behaviors such as good diet and exercise habits. I also believe there is much to be learned about medicine and disease prevention in the developing world, where I am currently pursuing numerous global health projects.
To schedule an appointment call 646-962-7300
For more information, please visit our website: weillcornell.org/wcma
Dr. Baker is currently an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Attending Endocrinologist at Cornell Medical College in New York. He is a graduate of Emory University College and Medical School. He completed an Internal Medicine residency at New York University and a fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism at Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Baker, who himself has type 1 diabetes, has interests which include disease management through education and lifestyle interventions, prevention of type 1 diabetes, and the impact of diabetes on international health. Dr. Baker is involved in numerous global health diabetes projects, and has founded the non-profit organization "Marjorie's Fund" (www.marjoriesfund.org), a type 1 diabetes global initiative dedicated to education, care, and research of type 1 diabetes in the developing world. Dr. Baker also serves as a contributing author to The Medical Letter and contributing editor to dLife.com.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- * CIGNA
- CIGNA [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Health Republic
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
1) Articles in professional peer-reviewed journals
a. Jarchum I, Baker J. Beyond HLA-A*0201: New HLA-transgenic NOD Mouse Models of Type 1 Diabetes Identify the Insulin C-peptide As a Rich Source of CD8+ T Cell Epitopes. The Journal of Immunology (awaiting publication).
b. Jarchum I, Baker J. In Vivo Cytotoxicity of Insulin-Specific CD8 T-Cells in HLA-A*0201 Transgenic NOD Mice. Diabetes. 2007 56: 2551 -2560.
c. Baker, Jason. Snapshots of September (a personal memoir of Ground Zero). Journal of the Atlanta Medical Association. April 2002
2) Books, book chapters and reviews
a. Baker, J et al. Diabetes Mellitus: Challenges for the 21st Century. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger Publishing, 2010.
b. Talbot, Sam. The Sweet Life (forward by Baker J). Rodale, 2011
Honors and Awards
· Guest Lecturer, Annual Meeting of the Global Diabetes Alliance, "Global Impact of Type 2 Diabetes", (02/12, Istanbul, Turkey).
· Lecturer at Global Diabetes Alliance conference. "Diabetes in sub-Saharan Africa" (10/10, Cairo, Egypt).
· Grand Rounds Lecturer, Division of Endocrinology, Weill Cornell Medical College, "Diabetes in the Developing World" (05/10, New York, NY).
· Grand Rounds Lecturer, Division of Infectious Diseases, Weill Cornell Medical College, "Hypogonadism in HIV/AIDS patients" (02/10, New York, NY).
· Grand Rounds Lecturer, Division of Endocrinology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, "Global Diabetes Initiative" (11/09, Bronx, NY).
· Guest lecturer at Association of Clinical Physicians annual conference. "Multiple small feedings of the mind: Diabetes" (4/07, San Diego, CA).
· Travel Award Recipient, Endocrine Fellows Foundation Diabetes Conference (10/06, Phoenix, AZ).
· Travel Award Recipient, Endocrine Fellows Foundation Diabetes Conference (3/06, San Antonio, TX).
· First-place winner of an essay competition (Snapshots of September) hosted by the Atlanta Medical Association (2/02).
· Travel award recipient, Southern Section of the American Federation of Researchers meeting (11/01, New Orleans, LA).
· Wright-Bentley Medical Scholarship recipient (10/01, Atlanta, GA).
· Helen Dobbs Medical Scholarship (8/01, Atlanta, GA).
· Irene Woodruff Medicine Scholarship (8/01, Atlanta, GA).
· Travel award recipient, ACP conference (4/01, New Orleans, LA).
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Global Health
- Gestational Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Endocrine Conditions In Pregnancy
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- B.S., Emory University, 1998
- M.D., Emory University School of Medicine, 2002