Jennifer Bassetti, M.D.
As a Pediatrician and Clinical Geneticist my primary interest involves the diagnosis, counseling, and management of individuals with genetic disorders.
I welcome the opportunity to evaluate children with a variety of clinical presentations including complex medical issues. We know that many childhood disorders have an inherited/genetic cause and it is the role of the Clinical Geneticist to assist in finding that cause. Making a specific genetic diagnosis has many benefits including better understanding of the condition and what can be expected in the future, optimizing coordination of care and access to support groups and organizations. Genetics and genomics is a rapidly growing field and with these advancements we are able to diagnose patients where we were previously unable to do so which will hopefully lead to greater understanding of human disease.
Jennifer A. Bassetti, M.D. is an Instructor in Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Pediatrician in the Department of Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health/Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is board certified in Pediatrics and Clinical Genetics.
As an undergraduate Dr. Bassetti received a B.S. in Cell & Developmental Biology from the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York. She then earned a medical degree (M.D.) from Sackler School of Medicine in Tel Aviv, Israel. She completed residency in Pediatrics at Cohen Children’s Medical Center/NS-LIJ in New Hyde Park, NY and then went on to further training in Clinical Genetics at Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
After completing training in Clinical Genetics, Dr. Bassetti took on an Academic Research Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. Her research focused on the role of genetic and/or metabolic abnormalities in patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders. She was also involved in recruiting multiplex Autism families for further evaluation.
Dr. Bassetti’s clinical interests include children and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or Developmental delay. She is also interested in patients with suspected chromosomal/genetic disorders, congenital anomalies, dysmorphology and intellectual disability.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Honors and Awards
Dean’s List University of Rochester, Fall 1999, Spring 2000, Fall 2001, Spring 2003
- Medical Genetics
- Genetic Testing
- Chromosomal Abnormality
- Birth Defect
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Disorder
- Cancer Genetics
- Clinical Genetics (MD)
- B.S., University of Rochester, 2003
- M.D., Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (Israel), 2008