As a Pediatrician and Clinical Geneticist my primary focus is on the diagnosis, counseling, and management of individuals with genetic disorders.
I welcome the opportunity to evaluate children with a variety of clinical presentations including complex medical issues. We know that many childhood disorders have an inherited/genetic cause and it is the role of the Clinical Geneticist to assist in finding that cause. Identification of a specific genetic diagnosis has many benefits for the individual and family. It allows for better understanding of the condition and future implications, as well as optimization of management via coordination of care and access to support groups and organizations. Genetics and genomics is a rapidly growing field and with these advancements we are able to diagnose patients where we were previously unable to do so which will hopefully lead to greater understanding of human disease.
Specialties and Expertise
- Medical Genetics
- Genetic Testing
- Chromosomal Abnormality
- Birth Defect
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Disorder
- Cancer Genetics
- Genetic Counseling
- Family History of Genetic Disease
- Screening For Genetic Disease Carrier Status
Jennifer A. Bassetti, M.D. is Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Pediatrician in the Department of Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital. She is board certified in Pediatrics and Clinical Genetics.
As an undergraduate Dr. Bassetti received a B.S. in Cell & Developmental Biology from the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York. She then earned a medical degree (M.D.) from Sackler School of Medicine in Tel Aviv, Israel. She completed residency in Pediatrics at Cohen Children’s Medical Center/NS-LIJ in New Hyde Park, NY and then went on to further training in Clinical Genetics at Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. After completing training in Clinical Genetics, Dr. Bassetti completed an Academic Research Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. Her research focused on the role of genetic and/ or metabolic abnormalities in patients with Autism Spectrum disorders.
As a medical geneticist, Dr. Bassetti's clinical interests include the evaluation and care of children and young adults with Autism Spectrum disorders, developmental delay, congenital anomalies and diagnosed or suspected chromosomal/genetic disorders.
Dr. Bassetti currently serves as the Vice Chair of the Membership Committee of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics. She is also actively involved teaching of medical student, residents, fellows and genetic counseling graduate students.
- American Board of Medical Genetics
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (Israel), 2008
- B.S., University of Rochester, 2003
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported