Jamie M. Winter, Ph.D., BCBA-D is Assistant Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Psychologist at New York Presbyterian Westchester Division specializing in Child Psychology. Dr. Winter is a licensed Psychologist and a board certified and licensed Behavior Analyst. She treats toddlers and preschoolers with autism spectrum disorders in a faculty practice at the Westchester Division in White Plains. Dr. Winter provides individual therapy for children, as well as parent coaching.
Specialties and Expertise
- Early Intervention
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
- Pivotal Response Training (PRT)
- Toddlers and Preschoolers with Autism
- Naturalistic Developmental Behavioral Interventions for Children with Autism
- Parent Coaching for Families of Children with Autism
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
Dr. Jamie Winter received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Notre Dame, graduating summa cum laude with a degree in psychology and minor in anthropology. There she was also selected for the Phi Beta Kappa Society and Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology. During her undergraduate education, she participated in research in infant development and mother-baby sleep and was awarded the John F. Santos Award for Distinctive Achievement in Psychology. Dr. Winter received her Masters and Doctorate in Psychology from the University of California, San Diego with an emphasis in Behavior Analysis. Her graduate research focused on intervention and parent coaching for families of children with autism.
Dr. Winter’s work at the Center for Autism and the Developing Brain (CADB) centers around naturalistic, play-based interventions for very young children with autism. She is a certified Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) therapist, certified ESDM parent coach, and certified ESDM trainer.
Dr. Winter welcomes new patients. Please call (914) 997-4073 to schedule an appointment.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of California, San Diego, 2005
- M.A., University of California, San Diego, 2002
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported