Harsimran Sachdeva Singh, M.D.
It is an exciting time to be a part of Cardiology as advances in technology and therapeutics allow us to provide better care to our patients. As a clinical cardiologist, my goal is to make a positive impact in the cardiovascular health and lives of my patients. In addition to cutting edge technology, I believe that practicing medicine should be individualized, patient centric, and hold true to the ideals of compassion and human dignity.
Dr. Harsimran Singh grew up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, earning his undergraduate education in Molecular Biology from Princeton University. He traveled abroad to complete a Masters in Health Care Policy at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. He received his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency training in Internal Medicine at University of California, San Francisco. He then returned back east to complete his fellowship training and board certification in both Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology from Columbia University – New York Presbyterian Hospital. Finally, he obtained specialized training in Adult Congenital Heart Disease and Structural Interventional Cardiology in Canada at Toronto General Hospital & The Hospital for Sick Children. He has now joined the full-time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College – New York Presbyterian Hospital as a specialist in Adult Congenital Heart Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
As an interventional cardiologist, Dr. Singh performs percutaneous interventions for coronary artery and valvular disease from both a femoral and radial approach. He has considerable clinical experience in performing percutaneous interventions in adults with congenital and structural heart defects. He has an active clinical cardiology practice that includes patients with both acquired and congenital cardiac conditions. Dr. Singh also speaks Hindi, Punjabi, and Spanish.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [NYPH Employees Only]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Clinical Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Structural Heart Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Coronary Interventions
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
- B.A., Princeton University, 1998
- M.Sc., London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (United Kingdom), 2000
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 2004