You are here
As a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to work with children with asthma and their families. I strongly believe in a collaborative approach to care, and working together with each individual to develop a treatment plan. My goal is to encourage and empower patients, and families, to participate actively in their care. I believe that taking the time to educate patients and families ultimately leads to better understanding and management of asthma, resulting in healthier and happier kids.
Specialties & Expertise
- Pediatric Asthma
- Education About Asthma
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- WellCare Health Plans
Hilary Carlson is a Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Certified Asthma Educator at Weill Cornell Medicine in the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergy & Immunology. She specializes in working with children with asthma and related lung diseases.
Ms. Carlson received a BA in Psychology from the University of Rochester. She continued her education at New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing, where she earned a BS in Nursing and MS in Pediatric Advanced Practice Nursing. In 2006, Ms. Carlson came to NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital where she spent the next 12 years working as a Registered Nurse on the inpatient pediatric units in the Komansky Children's Hospital.
In addition to working as Registered Nurse, she has worked as a nurse educator, helping to train nursing students at Columbia University School of Nursing and New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing.